The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is now seeking public comments on the following five draft laws from June 28 to July 28:
- Soil Pollution Prevention and Control Law (Draft) (土壤污染防治法草案)
- Public Libraries Law (Draft) (公共图书馆法草案)
- National Anthem Law (Draft) (国歌法草案) (PDF/Word)
- Specialized Farmers’ Cooperatives Law (Draft Revision) (农民专业合作社法修订草案)
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Promotion Law (Draft Revision for 2nd Deliberation) (中小企业促进法修订草案二次审议稿)
The draft Supervision Law (监察法), however, was not simultaneously released. But we expect the NPCSC to release it for public comments at least once at a future date.
All linked files are in Chinese. All are PDF documents except otherwise indicated.
We will publish an English translation of the National Anthem Law shortly, along with some other relevant information.
To submit comments and find more information on these bills online, please refer to these instructions. The NPCSC has also posted “authoritative explanations” (in Chinese) of the draft Soil Pollution Prevention and Control Law and draft revision to the Specialized Farmers’ Cooperatives Law.
Comments can also be mailed to the NPCSC Legislative Affairs Commission (全国人大常委会法制工作委员会) at the following address:
Chinese: 北京市西城区前门西大街1号 邮编：100805
English: No. 1 West Qianmen Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing 100805
Please clearly write “[BILL NAME IN CHINESE]征求意见” on the envelope.
If you like this Blog, please consider following us on Twitter (@NPC_Observer) or via email (use the “Follow Blog via Email” widget in the sidebar).