The revised Military Facilities Protection Law [军事设施保护法] and the Law on the Protection of the Status, Rights, and Interests of Military Personnel [军人地位和权益保障法] take effect on August 1.
The 13th NPC Standing Committee will convene for its 30th session from August 17 to 20. It will review the following bills:
- draft Personal Information Protection Law [个人信息保护法];
- draft Supervision Officials Law [监察官法];
- draft Legal Aid Law [法律援助法];
- draft Physicians Law [医师法];
- draft revision to the Military Service Law [兵役法];
- draft Anti–Organized Crime Law [反有组织犯罪法];
- draft Family Education Law [家庭教育法];
- draft Land Borders Law [陆地国界法];
- draft amendment to the Population and Family Planning Law [人口与计划生育法];
- draft revision to the Scientific and Technological Progress Law [科学技术进步法];
- draft revision to the Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Noise Pollution [环境噪声污染防治法];
- draft amendment to the Seed Law [种子法];
- draft decisions to add one or more national laws to Annexes III to the Hong Kong and Macau Basic Laws; and
- draft decision authorizing pilot projects to reform the tier-based adjudicatory functions of China’s four tiers of courts.
For more information, please see this post.