The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is soliciting public comments on the following five bills through June 13, 2020:
- second draft of the Law on Governmental Sanctions for Public Employees 公职人员政务处分法草案二次审议稿 (English)
- second draft of the Biosecurity Law 生物安全法草案二次审议稿 (English)
- draft revision to the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law 动物防疫法修订草案
- draft amendment to the Copyright Law 著作权法修正案草案 (English)
- draft revision to the People’s Armed Police Law 人民武装警察法修订草案
All linked files are PDF documents in Chinese. English translations will be provided if and when available. The accompanying explanations of these drafts can be read here (PDF).
To submit comments online, please refer to this guide. The “Occupations” [职业] dropdown menu for the draft Biosecurity Law includes the following options: “state organs and their employees” [国家机关及其工作人员], “professional institutions related to biosecurity and their employees” [与生物安全有关的专业机构及其工作人员], and “other” [其他]. That menu for the draft People’s Armed Police Law revision includes these options: “personnel of the armed police force” [武警部队人员], “public institutions, social groups, and their employees” [事业机关、社会团体及其工作人员], and “other” [其他].
Comments can also be mailed to the NPCSC Legislative Affairs Commission [全国人大常委会法制工作委员会] at the following address:
Chinese: 北京市西城区前门西大街1号 邮编: 100805
English: No. 1 West Qianmen Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing 100805
Please clearly write “[BILL NAME IN CHINESE]征求意见” on the envelope.
If you like this Blog, please consider subscribing to our blog posts, following us on Twitter, or liking us on Facebook—and making a donation!
Comments & Pingbacks