UPDATE (July 5, 2019): The NPC Standing Committee today officially started the public consultation. We have updated the deadlines for comments.
UPDATE (July 4, 2019): The comments period has not officially started. We will update the deadline below once the NPC Standing Committee makes an official announcement to solicit public comments on the following bills. In the interim, the drafts will not be accessible on the NPC’s website.
The NPC Standing Committee is soliciting public comments on the following seven bills through August 3, 2019 (except that the comments period for the draft Encryption Law ends on September 2, 2019):
- second draft amendments to the Land Management Law and the Urban Real Estate Administration Law 土地管理法、城市房地产管理法修正案草案二次审议稿
- second draft of the Civil Code Part on Marriage and Family 民法典婚姻家庭编草案二次审议稿
- second draft of the Civil Code Part on Inheritance 民法典继承编草案二次审议稿
- draft revision to the Forest Law 森林法修订草案
- draft revision to the Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste 固体废物污染环境防治法修订草案
- draft Community Corrections Law 社区矫正法草案 (ENGLISH)
- draft Encryption Law 密码法草案
All linked files are PDF documents in Chinese. English translations will be linked to if and when available. The accompanying explanations of these drafts can be read here (PDF).
To submit comments online, please refer to these instructions. The “Occupations” [职业] dropdown menu for the draft revision to the Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste includes the following options: “personnel from departments supervising and administering the prevention and control of solid waste pollution” [固体废物污染防治监督管理部门的人员], “personnel from enterprises or units specialized in the prevention and control of solid waste pollution” [专业从事固体废物污染防治的企业和单位的人员], and “other” [其他].
Comments can also be mailed to the NPCSC Legislative Affairs Commission [全国人大常委会法制工作委员会] at the following address:
Chinese: 北京市西城区前门西大街1号 邮编：100805
English: No. 1 West Qianmen Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing 100805
Please clearly write “[BILL NAME IN CHINESE]征求意见” on the envelope.