The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is soliciting public comments on the following draft laws through August 3, 2019 (except for the draft Encryption Law, whose comments period ends on September 2, 2019):
- draft amendments to the Land Management Law [土地管理法] and the Urban Real Estate Administration Law [城市房地产管理法];
- draft Civil Code Part on Marriage and Family [民法典婚姻家庭编];
- draft Civil Code Part on Inheritance [民法典继承编];
- draft revision to the Forest Law [森林法];
- draft revision to the Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste [固体废物污染环境防治法];
- draft Community Corrections Law [社区矫正法]; and
- draft Encryption Law [密码法].
The 13th NPCSC is expected to convene for its 12th session in late August. The Council of Chairpersons is expected to meet in mid-August to decide on the agenda and dates of the session.
The following legislative bills are likely to return for further review:
- draft Basic Healthcare and Health Promotion Law [基本医疗卫生与健康促进法];
- draft Resource Tax Law [资源税法];
- draft amendment to the Patent Law [专利法]; and
- draft amendments to the Land Management Law [土地管理法] and the Urban Real Estate Administration Law [城市房地产管理法].