The following laws take effect on January 1:
- revised Sports Law [体育法] (adopted on June 24, 2022);
- revised Agricultural Products Quality and Safety Law [农产品质量安全法] (adopted on Sept. 2, 2022); and
- revised Women’s Rights and Interests Protection Law [妇女权益保障法] (adopted on Oct. 30, 2022).
The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is soliciting public comment on the following bills through January 28:
- draft amendment to the Legislation Law [立法法];
- draft revision to the Company Law [公司法];
- draft revision to the Counterespionage Law [反间谍法];
- draft Qinghai–Tibet Plateau Ecological Conservation Law [青藏高原生态保护法];
- draft Marine Environmental Protection Law [海洋环境保护法]
- draft Rural Collective Economic Organizations Law [农村集体经济组织法];
- draft revision to the Charity Law [慈善法];
- draft Value-Added Tax Law [增值税法];
- draft Financial Stability Law [金融稳定法]
- draft Foreign Sovereign Immunity Law [外国国家豁免法];
- draft amendment to the Civil Procedure Law [民事讼诉法];
- draft amendment to the Administrative Litigation Law [行政诉讼法]; and
- draft Foreign Relations Law [对外关系法].
In accordance with a March 2022 NPC decision (discussed here), the roughly 3,000 delegates to the 14th NPC will be elected by the end of this month.
The 13th NPCSC will convene for its final regularly scheduled session in late February.