The following laws take effect on July 1:
- Community Corrections Law [社区矫正法];
- revised Forest Law [森林法]; and
- Law on Governmental Sanctions for Public Employees [公职人员政务处分法].
The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is soliciting public comments on the draft Veterans Support Law [退役军人保障法] and draft Rural Revitalization Promotion Law [乡村振兴促进法] through July 21, 2020. We also expect it to seek public comments on the following bills early this month:
- draft amendment to the Patent Law [专利法];
- draft revision to the Minors Protection Law [未成年人保护法];
- draft Export Control Law [出口管制法];
- draft Criminal Law Amendment (XI) [刑法修正案（十一）];
- draft revision to the Administrative Penalties Law [行政处罚法]; and
- draft Data Security Law [数据安全法].
The NPCSC will meet for its next regularly scheduled session in late August.
If you like this Blog, please consider subscribing to our blog posts, following us on Twitter, or liking us on Facebook—and making a donation!