The following laws take effect on July 1:
- Community Corrections Law [社区矫正法];
- revised Forest Law [森林法]; and
- Law on Governmental Sanctions for Public Employees [公职人员政务处分法].
The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is soliciting public comments on the draft Veterans Support Law [退役军人保障法] and draft Rural Revitalization Promotion Law [乡村振兴促进法] through July 21, 2020. We also expect it to seek public comments on the following bills early this month:
- draft amendment to the Patent Law [专利法];
- draft revision to the Minors Protection Law [未成年人保护法];
- draft Export Control Law [出口管制法];
- draft Criminal Law Amendment (XI) [刑法修正案（十一）];
- draft revision to the Administrative Penalties Law [行政处罚法]; and
- draft Data Security Law [数据安全法].
The NPCSC will meet for its next regularly scheduled session in late August.