UPDATE (Jan. 27, 2019): For a summary of and comments on the key provisions of the draft Judges Law revision, please refer to this post on the Supreme People’s Court Monitor.
The NPC Standing Committee is soliciting public comments on the following eight bills through February 3, 2019:
- second draft revision to the Procurators Law 检察官法修订草案二次审议稿
- second draft revision to the Judges Law 法官法修订草案二次审议稿
- second draft of the Contracts Part of the Civil Code 民法典合同编草案二次审议稿
- second draft of the Tort Liability Part of the Civil Code 民法典侵权责任编草案二次审议稿
- draft Vaccine Administration Law 疫苗管理法草案
- draft Resource Tax Law 资源税法草案
- draft amendment to the Patent Law 专利法修正案草案
- draft amendment to the Land Management Law and the Urban Real Estate Administration Law 土地管理法、城市房地产管理法修正案草案
All linked files are PDF documents in Chinese. English translations will be linked to if and when available. The accompanying explanations of these drafts can be read here (PDF).
To submit comments online, please refer to these instructions. The “Occupations” [职业] dropdown menu for the draft revisions to both the Judges Law and the Procurators Law includes a new third option: “judges, supervisors, lawyers, and other legal professionals” [法官、监察官、律师等法律职业人员]. That menu for the draft Vaccine Administration Law includes the following options: “vaccine manufacturing, distributing, or such other enterprises” [疫苗生产、配送等企业], “scientific research institutions, institutions of higher learning, or such other institutions” [科研机构、高等院校等机构], “the relevant academies or institutions” [有关学会、协会], “medical products administration, health, or such other departments” [药监、卫生等部门], and “other entities and individuals” [其他单位和个人].
Comments can also be mailed to the NPCSC Legislative Affairs Commission [全国人大常委会法制工作委员会] at the following address:
Chinese: 北京市西城区前门西大街1号 邮编：100805
English: No. 1 West Qianmen Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing 100805
Please clearly write “[BILL NAME IN CHINESE]征求意见” on the envelope.
If you like this Blog, please consider subscribing to our blog posts, following us on Twitter, or liking us on Facebook—and making a donation!
Comments & Pingbacks