Nov. 29 Update: The NPCSC has finally released the PDF versions of these draft laws. All are in Chinese only.
- Nuclear Safety Law (Draft)
- Law on Ensuring Public Cultural Services (Second Deliberation Draft)
- Surveying and Mapping Law (Draft Revision)
- Red Cross Society Law (Draft Revision) (Second Deliberation Draft)
- General Provisions of the Civil Law (Second Deliberation Draft)
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Promotion Law (Draft Revision)
Nov. 18 Update: The NPCSC is now accepting public comments on a second draft of the General Provisions of the Civil Law (民法总则草案二次审议稿) until December 17, 2016. As of today, the NPCSC still hasn’t released either HTML or Word versions of the six laws now open for comments.
Nov. 17 Update: The NPCSC is soliciting public opinion on another piece of legislation, the draft revision to the Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Promotion Law (中小企业促进法修订草案), which was deliberated by the NPCSC for the first time earlier this month. The period for comments runs until December 14, 2016.
The NPCSC is now seeking input from the general public on the following four draft legislations until December 13, 2016:
- Nuclear Safety Law (Draft) (核安全法草案)
- Law on Ensuring Public Cultural Services (Second Deliberation Draft) (公共文化服务保障法草案二次审议稿)
- Surveying and Mapping Law (Draft Revision) (测绘法修订草案)
- Red Cross Society Law (Draft Revision) (Second Deliberation Draft) (红十字会法修订草案二次审议稿)
The NPCSC has yet to release these drafts in either Word or HTML formats. This post will be updated once it does so. English translations of these drafts are currently unavailable as well.
Those who wish to submit comments may do so on the NPC’s website. If you are not already familiar with this process, please refer to this excellent tutorial prepared by China Law Translate. Comments can also be mailed to the NPCSC Legislative Affairs Commission (全国人大常委会法制工作委员会) at the following address:
Chinese: 北京市西城区前门西大街1号 邮编：100805
English: No. 1 West Qianmen Avenue, Xicheng Distrist, Beijing 100805
Please also indicate on the envelope the specific piece legislation at which comments are directed in the following format: “[Draft Law in Chinese]征求意见.”
Missing from this batch of draft legislations released for public comments is the draft General Provisions of the Civil Law. Like the four laws above, it was submitted to the NPCSC session earlier this month for a second reading. However, it differs from the other four in that it must be passed by the NPC instead of just the NPCSC. The NPCSC already confirmed it would submit this law to next year’s NPC plenary session, but such a decision wasn’t made by the last NPCSC session. Therefore, it’s very likely that an additional reading of the law is planned for the NPCSC’s next session in December (thus making the deliberation by the NPC next year an uncommon fourth one), and that a new draft of the law will be released for public comments after the December session.
Comments & Pingbacks