The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is soliciting public comments on the following draft laws through August 16:
- draft amendment to the Patent Law [专利法];
- draft revision to the Minors Protection Law [未成年人保护法];
- draft Export Control Law [出口管制法];
- draft Criminal Law Amendment (XI) [刑法修正案（十一）];
- draft revision to the Administrative Penalties Law [行政处罚法]; and
- draft Data Security Law [数据安全法].
The 13th NPCSC will convene for its 21st session from August 8 to 11 and will review the following bills:
- draft Urban Maintenance and Construction Tax Law [城市维护建设税法];
- draft Deed Tax Law [契税法];
- draft revision to the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law [动物防疫法];
- draft revision to the Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Law [预防未成年人犯罪法];
- draft amendment to the Copyright Law [著作权法];
- draft amendment to the NPC Organic Law [全国人民代表大会组织法];
- draft amendment to the NPC Rules of Procedure [全国人民代表大会议事规则];
- draft amendment to the National Flag Law [国旗法]; and
- draft amendment to the National Emblem Law [国徽法].
The session will likely also consider a decision dealing with the anticipated vacancy of the Hong Kong Legislative Council after the Hong Kong Chief Executive decided on Friday, July 31 to postpone Council elections (originally scheduled for September 6) by a year. The term of the current Legislative Council will expire on September 30.
For more information, please see this post.