The Coast Guard Law [海警法] takes effect on February 1.
The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is expected convene for its 26th session soon after the week-long Spring Festival holiday, which runs from February 11 to 17 this year. The Council of Chairpersons is expected to meet before the holiday to decide on the agenda and dates of the session. The NPCSC will mainly prepare for the 2021 NPC session at its upcoming meeting, but may still review one or two legislative bills. Possible candidates include:
- draft Stamp Tax Law [印花税法];
- draft Data Security Law [数据安全法]; and
- draft Rural Revitalization Promotion Law [乡村振兴促进法].
The NPCSC is seeking public comments on the following bills through February 25:
- draft Legal Aid Law [法律援助法];
- draft Wetlands Protection Law [湿地保护法];
- draft Family Education Law [家庭教育法];
- draft Physicians Law [医师法];
- draft revision to the Military Service Law [兵役法];
- draft amendment to the Workplace Safety Law [安全生产法]; and
- draft amendment to the Education Law [教育法].