The following laws take effect on January 1:
- Foreign Investment Law [外商投资法];
- Cryptography Law [密码法];
- amendments to the Land Management Law [土地管理法] and the Urban Real Estate Administration Law [城市房地产管理法]; and
- amendment to the Law on the Protection of Investment by Taiwan Compatriots [台湾同胞投资保护法].
The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is seeking public comments on the following bills through January 26:
- draft Civil Code [民法典];
- draft revision to the Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste [固体废物污染环境防治法];
- draft Yangtze River Protection Law [长江保护法];
- draft Export Control Law [出口管制法];
- draft Urban Maintenance and Construction Tax Law [城市维护建设税法]; and
- draft Deed Tax Law [契税法].
The NPCSC will meet for its next regularly scheduled session in late February 2020.