August 1 is the tenth anniversary of the entry into force of the Anti-Monopoly Law (反垄断法).
The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is expected to convene for its fifth session later this month. The Council of Chairmen is expected to meet in mid-August to decide on the dates and agenda of the session.
The following draft laws have been tentatively scheduled for this upcoming session according to the NPCSC’s 2018 legislative plan:
- draft Soil Pollution Prevention and Control Law (土壤污染防治法);
- draft International Criminal Justice Assistance Law (国际刑事司法协助法);
- draft Separate Parts of the Civil Code (民法典各分编);
- draft amendment to the Land Management Law (土地管理法);
- draft Farmland Occupancy Tax Law (耕地占用税法);
- draft Vehicle Purchase Tax Law (车辆购置税法).
It is possible that the draft amendment to the Criminal Procedure Law (刑事诉讼法) would be submitted for another round of deliberation as well.
If you support the work we do, please consider making a donation using the button below to help our essentially one-person operation pay for the hosting and maintenance of the blog. If every visitor today donates $3, we will be able to keep the website running for the next three years (plus improvements)!