The 2nd Session of the 13th NPC concluded on Friday, March 15, after having approved all reports and bills submitted to it for consideration. As usual, here is a list of all official documents from this Session.
Unless otherwise noted, all documents are available in Chinese only.
Continue reading “2019 NPC Session: Documents List”
On Monday, the 2019 NPC session released its agenda, daily schedule of meetings, and a tentative schedule of press conferences (Excel). The Session will open on the morning of Tuesday, March 5 and close on the morning of Friday, March 15, lasting a total of 10½ days. All times below are in Beijing Time (UTC +8:00).
Continue reading “2019 NPC Session: Agenda and Daily Schedule”
The 13th National People’s
Congress (NPC) will convene for its second annual session on Tuesday, March 5.
The Session’s agenda has not yet been finalized, but we expect it to include
- Hear and deliberate the Government Work Report;
- Hear and deliberate work reports by the NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC), the Supreme People’s Court, and the Supreme People’s Procuratorate;
- Review and approve the report on the execution of the 2018 National Economic and Social Development Plan and on the draft 2019 National Economic and Social Development Plan;
- Approve the 2019 National Economic and Social Development Plan;
- Review and approve the report on the execution of the 2018 Central and Local Budgets and on the draft 2019 Central and Local Budgets;
- Approve the 2019 Central Budget;
- Deliberate the draft Foreign Investment Law [外商投资法].
We also expect the Session to retroactively approve the resignation of Zhang Rongshun [张荣顺] as an NPCSC member in June 2018. He has since been appointed a deputy director of the Central Government’s Liaison Office in Macau. Under Chinese law, an NPCSC member must resign if he is to serve in an administrative agency.
On March 4, the Session will convene for a preparatory meeting to select members of the Presidium (which will preside over the Session) and to finalize the Session’s agenda. The Presidium will then immediately meet to decide on (among other matters) the Session’s daily schedule. Shortly thereafter the Session is expected to hold its first press conference.
We expect the NPC’s 2019 annual session to close around March 15. On that last day, we expect it to approve the Foreign Investment Law.
If you like this Blog, please consider subscribing to our blog posts, following us on Twitter, or liking us on Facebook—and making a donation!