The Qinghai–Tibet Plateau Ecological Conservation Law [青藏高原生态保护法] (adopted on Apr. 26, 2023) and Barrier-Free Environments Development Law [无障碍环境建设法] (adopted on June 28, 2023) take effect on September 1.
On September 1, the NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC)—
- revised the Administrative Reconsideration Law [行政复议法];
- adopted the Foreign State Immunity Law [外国国家豁免法];
- amended the Civil Procedure Law [民事诉讼法]; and
- renewed a pilot program that makes it easier for eligible lawyers licensed in Hong Kong or Macao to practice mainland civil and commercial law in nine mainland cities in Guangdong province.
The NPCSC is soliciting public comment on the following bills through September 30:
- draft revision to the Company Law [公司法];
- draft Value-Added Tax Law [增值税法];
- draft Preschool Education Law [学前教育法];
- draft Academic Degrees Law [学位法]; and
- draft revision to the Public Security Administrative Punishments Law [治安管理处罚法].
The 14th NPCSC may convene a quinquennial legislative work conference and release its five-year legislative plan some time this month.
The NPCSC will convene for its next regularly scheduled session in late October.