The following laws take effect on January 1:
- revised Sports Law [体育法] (adopted on June 24, 2022);
- revised Agricultural Products Quality and Safety Law [农产品质量安全法] (adopted on Sept. 2, 2022); and
- revised Women’s Rights and Interests Protection Law [妇女权益保障法] (adopted on Oct. 30, 2022).
The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is soliciting public comment on the following bills through January 28:
- draft amendment to the Legislation Law [立法法];
- draft revision to the Company Law [公司法];
- draft revision to the Counterespionage Law [反间谍法];
- draft Qinghai–Tibet Plateau Ecological Conservation Law [青藏高原生态保护法];
- draft Marine Environmental Protection Law [海洋环境保护法]
- draft Rural Collective Economic Organizations Law [农村集体经济组织法];
- draft revision to the Charity Law [慈善法];
- draft Value-Added Tax Law [增值税法];
- draft Financial Stability Law [金融稳定法]
- draft Foreign Sovereign Immunity Law [外国国家豁免法];
- draft amendment to the Civil Procedure Law [民事讼诉法];
- draft amendment to the Administrative Litigation Law [行政诉讼法]; and
- draft Foreign Relations Law [对外关系法].
The 13th NPCSC will convene for its final regularly scheduled session in late February.