The following laws take effect on August 1:
- Futures and Derivatives Law [期货和衍生品法] (adopted on Apr. 20, 2022);
- Black Soil Protection Law [黑土地保护法] (adopted on June 24, 2022); and
- amendment to the Anti-Monopoly Law [反垄断法] (adopted on June 24, 2022).
The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) will convene for its 36th session from August 30 to September 2. It will review the following bills:
- draft Law Against Telecom and Online Fraud [反电信网络诈骗法];
- draft revision to the Agricultural Products Quality and Safety Law [农产品质量安全法];
- draft revision to the Wild Animals Protection Law [野生动物保护法];
- draft revision to the Counterespionage Law [反间谍法]; and
- draft Qinghai–Tibet Plateau Ecological Conservation Law [青藏高原生态保护法].
For more information, please see this post.
This post was updated twice on July 29 at 10:25 a.m. and 3:10 p.m. EDT.