The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is expected to convene for its 34th session in late April. The Council of Chairpersons is expected to meet in mid-April to decide on the agenda and dates of the session. The session is expected to review the following bills:
- draft Futures and Derivatives Law [期货和衍生品法];
- draft revision to the Vocational Education Law [职业教育法];
- draft plan for allocating seats in the 14th NPC among electoral units;
- draft plan for allocating ethnic-minority seats in the 14th NPC among electoral units and minority groups; and
- draft plan for selecting delegates who represent Taiwan in the 14th NPC.
For background information on the allocation of seats in the NPC, please see this post.
The session may also consider one or more of the following bills:
- draft revision to the Wild Animals Protection Law [野生动物保护法];
- draft revision to the Agricultural Products Quality and Safety Law [农产品质量安全法];
- draft revision to the Sports Law [体育法];
- draft amendment to the Anti-Monopoly Law [反垄断法];
- draft Law Against Telecom and Online Fraud [反电信网络诈骗法]; and
- draft revision to the Animal Husbandry Law [畜牧法].
The NPCSC is expected to release its annual plans on legislative, oversight, and delegates work for 2022 after this month’s session.