The following laws take effect on January 1:
- Supervision Officials Law [监察官法] (adopted Aug. 20, 2021);
- Legal Aid Law [法律援助法] (adopted Aug. 20, 2021);
- Family Education Promotion Law [家庭教育促进法] (adopted Oct. 23, 2021);
- Land Borders Law [陆地国界法] (adopted Oct. 23, 2021);
- amendment to the Audit Law [审计法] (adopted Oct. 23, 2021);
- revised Scientific and Technological Progress Law [科学技术进步法] (adopted Dec. 24, 2021);
- amendment to the Civil Procedure Law [民事诉讼法] (adopted Dec. 24, 2021); and
- amendment to the Trade Unions Law [工会法] (adopted Dec. 24, 2021).
The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is seeking public comments on the following bills through January 22:
- draft amendment to the Organic Law of Local People’s Congresses at All Levels and Local People’s Governments at All Levels [地方各级人民代表大会和地方各级人民政府组织法];
- draft revision to the Vocational Education Law [职业教育法];
- draft revision to the Company Law [公司法];
- draft amendment to the NPCSC Rules of Procedure [全国人民代表大会常务委员会议事规则];
- draft Black Soil Protection Law [黑土地保护法];
- draft revision to the Women’s Rights and Interests Protection Law [妇女权益保障法];
- draft Yellow River Protection Law [黄河保护法]; and
- draft Emergency Response and Management Law [突发事件应对管理法].
The NPCSC will convene for its next regularly scheduled session in late February.