The Biosecurity Law [生物安全法] takes effect on April 15.
The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is expected to convene for its 28th session in late April. The Council of Chairpersons is expected to meet in mid-April to decide on the agenda and dates of the session. The session will likely consider a draft resolution on carrying out the 8th five-year popularization of basic legal knowledge. The session may also review one or more of the following bills:
- draft Data Security Law [数据安全法];
- draft Personal Information Protection Law [个人信息保护法];
- draft Rural Revitalization Promotion Law [乡村振兴促进法];
- draft revision to the Wild Animals Protection Law [野生动物保护法];
- draft Anti–Food Waste Law [反食品浪费法];
- draft Hainan Free Trade Port Law [海南自由贸易港法];
- draft revision to the Military Service Law [兵役法];
- draft revision to the Military Facilities Protection Law [军事设施保护法];
- draft Law on the Protection of the Status, Rights, and Interests of Military Personnel [军人地位和权益保障法];
- draft amendment to the Education Law [教育法]; and
- draft revision to the Vocational Education Law [职业教育法].
The NPCSC is expected to release its annual plans on legislative, oversight, and delegates work for 2021 after this month’s session.