The Resource Tax Law [资源税法] and the revised Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental Pollution by Solid Waste [固体废物污染环境防治法] take effect on September 1.
The NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is seeking public comments on the following bills through September 30, 2020:
- draft revision to the Animal Epidemic Prevention Law [动物防疫法];
- draft revision to the Juvenile Delinquency Prevention Law [预防未成年人犯罪法];
- draft amendment to the Copyright Law [著作权法];
- draft amendment to the NPC Organic Law [全国人民代表大会组织法];
- draft amendment to the NPC Rules of Procedure [全国人民代表大会议事规则];
- draft amendment to the National Flag Law [国旗法]; and
- draft amendment to the National Emblem Law [国徽法].
The NPCSC will convene for its next regularly scheduled session in late October.