The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) will convene for a regularly scheduled session late this month. The Council of Chairmen is expected to meet soon after the Lunar New Year holiday (February 4–10) to decide on the dates and agenda of the session.
The NPCSC will mainly prepare for the 2019 NPC session (including by discussing a draft of its annual work report) at its upcoming meeting, but may still review one or two legislative bills. Possible candidates include:
- draft revision to the Securities Law [证券法];
- draft revisions to the Judges Law [法官法] and the Procurators Law [检察官法];
- draft Basic Healthcare and Health Promotion Law [基本医疗卫生与健康促进法]; or
- one or two parts of the draft Civil Code [民法典].
- draft revision to the Procurators Law [检察官法];
- draft revision to the Judges Law [法官法];
- draft Contracts Part of the Civil Code [民法典合同编];
- draft Tort Liability Part of the Civil Code [民法典侵权责任编];
- draft Vaccine Administration Law [疫苗管理法];
- draft Resource Tax Law [资源税法];
- draft amendment to the Patent Law [专利法];
- draft amendment to the Land Management Law [土地管理法] and the Urban Real Estate Administration Law [城市房地产管理法].