The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is expected to convene for its sixth session later this month. The Council of Chairmen is expected to meet in mid-October to decide on the dates and agenda of the session.
The following bills have been tentatively scheduled for this upcoming session according to the NPCSC’s 2018 legislative plan:
- draft amendment to the Rural Land Contracting Law [农村土地承包法];
- draft Basic Healthcare and Health Promotion Law [基本医疗卫生与健康促进法];
- draft revision to the Tax Collection Administration Law [税收征收管理法];
- draft Community Corrections Law [社区矫正法];
- draft revision to the Maritime Traffic Safety Law [海上交通安全法].
It is possible that the draft International Criminal Justice Assistance Law [国际刑事司法协助法] will return for a second round of deliberations.
The NPCSC will solicit public comments on the following four draft laws through October 4, 2018:
- draft amendment to the Criminal Procedure Law [刑事诉讼法];
- draft Vehicle Acquisition Tax Law [车辆购置税法];
- draft Farmland Occupancy Tax Law [耕地占用税法];
- draft Regulations on Fire and Rescue Ranks of Integrated Fire and Rescue Teams [综合性消防救援队伍消防救援衔条例].
The draft Separate Parts of the Civil Code [民法典各分编] will be open for public comments through November 3, 2018.