August 1 is the tenth anniversary of the entry into force of the Anti-Monopoly Law (反垄断法).
The 13th NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) is expected to convene for its fifth session later this month. The Council of Chairmen is expected to meet in mid-August to decide on the dates and agenda of the session.
The following draft laws have been tentatively scheduled for this upcoming session according to the NPCSC’s 2018 legislative plan:
- draft Soil Pollution Prevention and Control Law (土壤污染防治法);
- draft International Criminal Justice Assistance Law (国际刑事司法协助法);
- draft Separate Parts of the Civil Code (民法典各分编);
- draft amendment to the Land Management Law (土地管理法);
- draft Farmland Occupancy Tax Law (耕地占用税法);
- draft Vehicle Purchase Tax Law (车辆购置税法).
It is possible that the draft amendment to the Criminal Procedure Law (刑事诉讼法) would be submitted for another round of deliberation as well.