The 5th Session of the 12th National People’s Congress (NPC) just released its agenda and daily schedule. According to the schedule, this Session will run from March 5 to 15. The agenda contains 11 items, ten of which the delegates will first hear at three different plenary meetings on March 5, 8, and 12. (The 11th one is a NPC Standing Committee (NPCSC) member’s request to resign, which needs the NPC’s approval.) The NPC will vote on all items on the agenda on March 15.
Throughout the Session, links to other outlets’ reports, commentaries, or analyses relating to items on the agenda will appear regularly on this Blog’s official Twitter feed. We ask our readers to send us such links by leaving comments, messaging us, or tweeting to us.
For the latest updates, please follow us on Twitter (or check back here often if you aren’t on Twitter).
Below is a rundown on the three plenary meetings. All times are in China Standard Time (UTC +8:00).
March 5 (Sunday) @ 9 AM
- Government Work Report delivered by Premier of the State Council, Li Keqiang
- State Council’s Report on the Execution of the National Economic and Social Development Plan for 2016 and on the Draft National Economic and Social Development Plan for 2017
- State Council’s Report on the Execution of the Central and Local Budgets for 2016 and on the Draft Central and Local Budgets for 2017
March 8 (Wednesday) @ 3 PM
- NPCSC Work Report delivered by the Chairman of the NPCSC, Zhang Dejiang
- General Provisions of the Civil Code (Draft)
- Decision of the 5th Session of the 12th NPC on the Number of Delegates to the 13th NPC and on the Election of the Delegates (Draft)
- Measures for Election of Delegates of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China to the 13th NPC (Draft)
- Measures for Election of Delegates of the Macau Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China to the 13th NPC (Draft)
March 12 (Sunday) @ 9 AM
- Supreme People’s Court (SPC) Work Report delivered by the President of the SPC, Zhou Qiang
- Supreme People’s Procuratorate (SPP) Work Report delivered by the Chief Procurator of the SPP, Cao Jianming
March 15 (Wednesday) @ 9 AM
- Vote on all decisions, resolutions, and bills